Monday 15 July 2013

How much of (insert drug name) do I need to take to kill myself?

I'm slightly obsessive over checking my blog stats, and I've noticed a trickle of people finding my site by using such terms as the above.

So, if you have found my site by searching for a similar phrase, I just wanted to say a few things to you. I'm not saying this in my capacity as a pharmacist, or skeptic, or anything like that, but just as a human. Don't worry, I won't keep you long.

Firstly: I know and I understand.

Secondly: Please ring these people. No, really, please do. After all, in the grand scheme of things, a delay of a few minutes wont make a massive difference.
In the UK, the number is 08457909090. In the Republic of Ireland, its 1850609090. In the US its 1-800-273-8255. There will be similar numbers in other countries.
If you  could just do that for me, that will be brilliant. 

Thirdly: I'm sorry, but you wont find that kind of information on this site. 

Fourthly: I care about people, and that means I care about you. If someone who has never met you at all cares about you, then its highly likely that some other people out there do too. I know that might not be enough, but it should count for something. I and many others don't want you to.

Oceans of love,


Hxxx


P.S. There is a lesson here for other bloggers/ website owners/ healthcare professionals too. Please be aware of what you are writing if you are covering anything about toxicology.